Your browser is not up to date.
If you wish to view the Action Against Hunger website correctly, update your browser.
Find the latest versions of supported browsers listed below.
The event will bring together university researchers as well as humanitarian actors in the field, such as the Country Directors of the Democratic Republic of Congo and the Central African Republic.
From 9am to 5.45pm, Friday 15 June 2018 at the Arab World Institute, Paris.
8H30 – 9h00
Registration Desk Opens
9H00 – 9h30
Opening by Mr. Jack lang, former Minister and President of the Institut du Monde Arabe.
Welcome by Mr. Pierre Micheletti, vice-president of Action Against Hunger, and Mr Loïc Bienassis, Historian, Institut Européen d’Histoire et des Cultures de l’Alimentationat the University of Tours
9H30 – 11H00
« Influence of hunger on conflict issues in a global perspective » by Mrs Marilena Geugjes and Mr Vincent Stüber, Members of the Board of Directors of Heidelberg Institute for International Conflict Research (HIIK).
Followed by a debate with the audience, moderated by Mr Christophe Ayad, journalist.
11H15 – 12H45
« At the core of wars, hunger reflects todays’ North-South relationships » by Mr Marc Lavergne, Research Director at CNRS/Middle-East/Horn of Africa EMAM/Laboratory CITERES/University of Tours.
Followed by a debate with the audience, moderated by Mrs Christine Oberdorff, journalist.
Lunch – possible discussions with
• Country Director of the Yemen Mission Action Against Hunger, Mrs. Valentina Ferrante
• Country Director of the Myanmar Mission Action Against Hunger, Mr. Juan Gabriel Wells
• Deputy Country Director of the Afghanistan Mission Action Against Hunger, Mrs. Kinga Komorowska
Round Table 1
“How to break the vicious cycle between hunger and conflict in Central African Republic (CAR): agricultural policies and social cohesion as key issues.”
Animated by Mrs Audrey Pulvar, president of Foundation pour la Nature et l’Homme and Ambassador of Action Against Hunger
• Mr. Benjamin Vienot, Country Director of the CAR Mission
• Mr. Jimi Richardson, Programme Policy Officer, Emergencies and Transitions Unit (OSZPH), Policy and Programme Division of the World Food Programme
• Mr. Marc Dufumier, agronomist, emeritus professor at AgroParisTech
Followed by a debate with the audience
16H00 – 17H30
Round Table 2
“Grand Kasai: the complex response to a prolonged hunger crisis aggravated by a recent conflict.”
Animated by Mrs Elizabeth Tchoungui, journalist
• Mr. Luc Bellon, Country Director of the DRC Mission
• Mr. Julius Jackson, Technical Officer (Protracted Crises) at the UN Food and Agriculture Organization
• Mwayila Tshiyembe, Associate Professor at the University of Lubumbashi (Zaire), Director of the Pan-African Institute of Geopolitics
Followed by a debate with the audience.
Closing by Mr Thomas Ribémont, President of Action Against Hunger, and Mrs Audrey Pulvar, president of Foundation pour la Nature et l’Homme and Ambassador of Action Against Hunger
All the news of our Action: articles, events, testimonials, press releases…