Your browser is not up to date.
If you wish to view the Action Contre la Faim website correctly, update your browser.
Find the latest versions of supported browsers listed below.
Published : 17/09/2020
Deadline : 26/09/2020
The initiative – Nutrition to Prevent Mother and Child Mortality and Morbidity in Afghanistan – (referred as “the project”) specifically aims to reduce childhood malnutrition through the improved delivery of nutrition services by health actors, improved feeding and care practices for newborns and infants, and improved water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in targeted areas. The initiative uses a health system strengthening (HSS) approach where, in addition to health facilities, the capacity of community actors to improve their nutrition practices, is also enhanced. While the project is divided into nutrition and WASH components, it follows an integrated and holistic approach, which also includes provision of psychosocial support.
Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
1. Letter of interest in submission of a proposal (in the form of an email), to: email@example.com by September 26, 2020.
2. Detailed proposal clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this Terms of Reference and including the following :
a) Description of methodology, tools and sample size based on this Terms of Reference
b) Proposed approaches to data analysis, in response to overall objectives
c) Considerations for child protection and safeguarding, gender, and adolescent friendliness throughout the study
d) A proposed timeframe detailing activities and schedule/work plan (including a Gantt chart for all stages of the evaluation process, include information/support required from Action Against Hunger
e) Demonstrated previous experience in mixed methods and other qualifications outlined in this ToR
f) Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member and indication language skills of team members (if more than one)
g) An alternative solution in case of movement’s restriction for the field visit due to Covid-19 context. Presenting modalities to collect information replacing the field visit.
3. A financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs for the study:
a) Itemized consultancy fees/costs
b) Currency of offer
4. Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed team members outlining relevant experience
5. Names and contact information of three references who can be contacted regarding relevant experience
6. A copy of at least two previous reports of similar work undertaken
7. A Consulting Firm profile (if applicable).
The proposal will be scored on both technical (methodology) and financial (budget) aspects. Complete applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Final Evaluation Consultancy – Nutrition – Afghanistan’ by end of business September 26, 2020.