General objective: Under the responsibility of the Team Leader, the nutrition expert will be in charge of providing the Technical assessment of the Humanitarian in general and Nutritional Context in Particular in Puntland and the possible areas of intervention for ACF.
Responsibilities: To comprehensively assess and analyse the pockets of vulnerability and build an understanding of the needs (particularly nutrition) and the gaps:
- Initiate studies based on the analysis of data provided by other partners
- Provide a qualitative analysis of the perceived pockets of vulnerability as seen by operational I/NGOs, Donors, UN agencies, Puntland administration.
- Identification of at least two different geographical pockets with high nutrition needs and existing gaps. If possible to undertake a rapid assessment on ground and document the findings.
- Together with the Team leader provide a clear set of recommendations to ACF on the most appropriate first response in the identified 2 different geographical pockets with high nutrition needs and existing gaps. To put together a concept note for discussions with donors
Qualification and previous experience: Diploma in public health / Nutrition / Nurse. Experienced in nutritional post on the field, ideally coordination experience. Ability to coordinate and to do capacity building. Excellent communication and writing skills in English. Demonstrated ability in collaborative/team work. Able to work under pressure with efficiency and results.
- Fixed-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French labour law.
- Total average yearly gross income: from 41160 € to 47160 €
- Food and housing: 1000 € / month average
o Per Diem : 210 € / month average
o Support to the R & R costs : 110 € / month average
o Transportation costs to and from the mission : 460 € / month average
o Monthly gross salary ranging from 1650 € to 2150 € (Net: from 1518 € to 1978 €) depending on relevant experience (possibility to increase up to 2750 € gross (2530 € net) according to seniority and performances)
- 25 days of annual paid leaves
- 20 days of R & R per year (taken as recovery time breaks of one week every 2 or 4 months depending on the mission)
- Social benefits: Medical, life and accident insurance provided by the institution
- Accompanied position (partner, children) according to the place of assignment
- Training before departure and all along the career with Action Contre la Faim.
Motivating Job Prospects in the medium and long term