Type of intervention
- Nutrition and Mental Health
- Food Security
- Water and Sanitation
Places of interventions
- Antananarivo (main office)
- Betioky District, Atsimo Andrefana Region
Since 2009, the country is going through a major political crisis. While the population is already impoverished, economic and financial difficulties are worsening the situation and threatening basic services. 70% of the population is affected by severe or moderate food insecurity, rising up to 85% in drought-affected areas . With only 42.6% of the population having access to drinking water, Madagascar has one of the worst access rates of Sub-Saharan Africa and will hardly reach the Millennium Development Goal (MDG) set at 65% by 2015.
ACF, EuropeAid, Agence de l'Eau Loire Bretagne
Key figures of the country
- Population : 20,7 million (2010)
- Life Expectancy : 66 years old (2011)
- Human Development Index : 151/187 (2011)
- GDP per Capita : 824 $USD (2011)
Il n'y a pas de résultat
Action contre la Faim in Madagascar :
- Reinforce households’ capacity to produce or mobilize food resources needed for healthy diet –including during the hunger gap.
- Improve sustainable access and management of water used for drinking and vegetable plot.
- Reinforce positive care practices and accompany behavior change when needed (nutrition and hygiene training with special focus on children, pregnant and breastfeeding women).
Mitigate the impact of natural disasters for vulnerable population and reinforce resilience
Téléphone : 06 78 44 00 42
Adresse postale : 50100 Cherbourg (50)
Sur notre site national
Les dernières actualités nationales